Always wanted to attend a taping of Dancing with the Stars?! Here are my tips on how to get tickets and snag a seat!
First, go to on-camera-audiences.com and click on “Dancing with the Stars”. Click on “Join the waitlist”. Register for the waitlist and wait for that very exciting email stating dates with available seats! Once you receive the email notification for a line voucher, choose your date quickly. Five minutes after I chose my date, all of the available dates were gone.
Day of the show tips:
* Dancing with the Stars tapes at CBS Studios 7800 Beverly Blvd. Hollywood, CA 90036 -Corner of Genessee and Beverly Blvd. gate
* There is a mandatory dress code of upscale, elegant attire. I wore a black sequined cocktail dress with heels! I believe sequins might actually get you in and possibly a better seat!
* Park at The Grove. It will cost $24 for a full day. Street parking is available but it is metered.
* Arrival time on the ticket states 3pm. I was there around noon and was number 34 in line. I recommend arriving early (11am-12pm) if you have a line voucher that is not a guaranteed seat. The line becomes long very quickly and not everyone will get in. Make sure to have printed tickets and ID with you.
* I brought snacks & water with me. However, there were sandwiches, snacks and drinks for sale from a street vendor. I think they only accepted cash.
* Chair rentals are $10 cash and completely worth it! It was nearly 4pm when I went through security and that is a long time to stand in heels!
* There are Porta Pottys available that you can use while waiting in line. I was not excited about these at first, but I was pleasantly surprised. They were all very clean with a mirror, a place to hang your purse, and a sink/toilet with running water! So fancy, CBS studios!
* Cell phones/cameras will be taken from you when you enter security. You will receive a ticket to retrieve your phone after the show.
* If they ask you to be a “Seat filler”, say Yes!!! I got so lucky and was asked to be a seat filler for a VIP section. Fortunately for me, the VIP’s did not show up and I was featured in a 5 second clip! My family and friends on the East Coast could not believe it! I still can’t believe it!
* Once you’re inside the studio, get ready to dance! 30 minutes before the show begins, they invite the audience members to dance on the floor. Tony Dovolani came to the stage and led us all in several group dances!
I hope these tips help you get a seat in the audience! It really is a special experience if you’re a fan of the show! Send me a note on twitter or instagram if you have any other questions! @LiveLoveSaute